An Adventure Begins.

Well here goes I guess. I’ve wanted to start this blog for a while, but the idea of sharing my thoughts on the internet felt extremely daunting. And then one day my crazy and amazing best friend comes along talking about starting a music channel on YouTube, and so we made a deal: I’d start my blog if she starts her channel. And she did, so here’s my end of the deal. 

I want to write about my life, to write about the adventures I have and the lessons I learn along the way. But the thing is I’m not good with words and I have no idea where on earth my life’s going to be in a few years or if it’ll even be worth writing about, but I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and be glad that I took the step to write about it and do something with these thoughts instead of letting them be lost to time. So, I’m going to try. I’m going to write about as much of my life as I think is worth writing about, whether it’s big or small, important or insignificant- because no matter how insignificant I think they are now, I never know what they’ll mean to me later or if they’ll put a smile on my face when I look back on them. And besides, what better way to learn and to step out of my comfort zone than with something I can reflect back on when I’m older? Because right now, when I look back, I can only wonder what on earth I was doing. 

I was born and raised in a Christian home, with loving parents and enough siblings to drive me quite thoroughly insane. I went to church every Sunday, didn’t have any friends, and wanted nothing more than to be able to sit and play video games all day long. But there was a longing, a deep hole in my heart that no amount of games could fill, and no matter what I tried I couldn’t find an answer to why it was there. Until one day, when I was about thirteen, my mum made me go to youth group. And I was so mad. Why couldn’t I decide where I went or who I talked to? What was the point of going to some random youth group where I knew none of the people there? And when Friday came around and mum dropped me off, I remember very rudely saying in front of one of the people running it “I still don’t get why I have to come, I’m not going to enjoy it”. And that person running it? He just smiled knowingly. Looking back now, knowing them a bit better, I reckon he couldn’t wait to prove me wrong. And he did. Despite being one of the shyest people I’ve ever known, I enjoyed that night more than I could have ever imagined. So the next week I went back. And then the next, and the next, all the way up until current day. And it was there that I found Jesus. And I realized in that place that for my entire life I’d been raised with Christianity, with a set of dos and don'ts I didn’t care about trying to dictate my life, but no connection with the person that my faith was meant to be built on from the start. So after finding him in a small church in Goulburn, I chose to follow Jesus at the age of fourteen. And so here I am, trying to find some adventures in life, hoping to share them with people I love, and working towards getting to the end of it all with a stronger relationship with God than ever. 

And I guess that’s as good a place to start as any, with a pursuit of God and dreams of a life worth living and worth sharing. So here’s a blog about a clueless teenager who’s terrified of life but wants to push past that fear to share adventures with his friends in this beautiful world God’s given us. 



(Photo by Matt Duncan on Unsplash)


If you read this far then thank you. I don’t know why you did it, but I really appreciate it. 

Comments

  1. WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSHPERE!!!!!! Ahhh, this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! This is written so well!!! *Is slightly jealous that my first blog post didn't turn out this good* Just kidding. XP Anyway, see you around. Can't wait for your next post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! You've been such an inspiration to me :D

      Delete
  2. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keen to follow this adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I hope this makes you smile, even just a fraction.

Love And Care.