I hope this makes you smile, even just a fraction.

So we're in what, the third year of a global pandemic at this point? I know I don't need to tell anyone how much Covid has messed with everything because we're all in the same boat.

The last few years have been hard, really hard. on top of trying to figure out life as a teenager, the world has been a complete mess. Everything is changing all the time, lockdowns and restrictions keep pushing back plans and halting normal life, and then there's the ever present stress of it all looming overhead. Which is a lot to add to life when it's already incredibly chaotic, it's hard and my heart truly goes out to those who have lost work, lost security in there lives, who have lost loved ones, or have been impacted in any other way in all this mess. Stay strong, and just focus on getting through today.

And I'd like to say that I've kept my life together through all that and worked around all the chaos and mess to pull some structure and purpose into this, but that's really not the case. In fact I've been noticing myself using it all as an excuse to put my life on hold, to neglect the things I can still work on, and instead just play video games and read books and wait for something to come along and fix everything in my life.

I can't keep doing that. Not only is it unhealthy, it's also incredibly unfulfilling, and it's time I actually did something about it. This post isn't meant to be anything special or profound, it was meant to make someone specific smile, but also a reminder that no matter how messy your life might be, you aren't alone in that. We're all human, none of us are perfect and none of us have every part of our lives under control. So let's try working on the parts that are messy, and try pulling them together one step at a time.



(Photo by Ricardo Viana on Unsplash)

So whether in the the small things like getting out of bed at a reasonable time, or the not so small things like starting Tafe, find something in your life that you can start working on, and lets get through this pandemic, and life, together. Because none of us are alone in this.

Thank you for reading this far, it really does mean a lot.

Comments

  1. I have to write a comment, even though it shows how long it took me to read this. *hides* How are you so good at words. I am smiling with tears in my eyes. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a lot longer to reply ahah. You've been a large inspiration in my writing, both creatively and through this blog, so it means a lot to hear that <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Adventure Begins.

Love And Care.